Before you start
Find a quiet spot with plenty of natural light. Make sure you are comfortable.
Each painting can be completed in approx. 40min but there is no pressure to do a whole painting, nor all three designs, in one sitting. Remember to take regular breaks.
Your kit includes
- A sketch of each design
- A set of brushes
- Acrylic paint
- Reference guides (shown below)
You'll also need
- A cup (or jar) of water
- A sheet of kitchen roll
- Your good mood, a lit candle, your favourite music playlist
Here are some tips:
- Use the numbered reference guides to allocate each colour to the right place but feel free to experiment! Mix or change colours to make the painting yours.
- You’ll need water to improve the flow of the paint. Dip the tip of your brush in water before every other paint dip. It’s better to apply a couple of layers than to run out of paint.
- Acrylic paint is opaque - you can apply lighter colours over dark colours once dry. Experiment with adding yellow dots to the oranges once the base layer is dry.
- The colours are mixed by hand, if you find any of them to be too strong for your taste, just add a bit of white to mute the pigment. You can also play with colour value in the same way to create an illusion of light hitting the fruit.
- Mix your colours on a scrap piece of paper to preserve the colours in the paint pots.
Simply enjoy the process, happy painting!
Hey there, thanks for stopping by!
If you've enjoyed our art kits, we'd be incredibly grateful if you could take a moment to leave us a glowing review on Etsy or Google. Your words not only brighten our day but also help fellow art enthusiasts discover the joy of mindful making.
Your kind words are like little seeds that help our small business grow, and word of mouth is truly powerful in our creative community. So, if you're up for it, let's spread the love and artistry together!
Mario & Maria x
PS: We love to see your creations - tag us with @dropofcolouruk on instagram and you may be featured on our social media channels and website!